The most important goal at Parametrics Medical is to ensure the safety and quality of our products. We guarantee that the procedures of our AATB accredited tissue partners meet the standards established by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and the regulations set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Parametrics Medical understands that every donation of tissue is an extraordinary gift that will improve the life of another. We hold the utmost respect for every graft carrying the Parametrics Medical name. Our tissue partners have the highest standards in donor selection (those set forth by the AATB and FDA), beginning from screening of potential donors to the release of the tissue and transplantation.
Donor Screening at the tissue processor begins with:
- Ensuring family consent to donate has been obtained according to AATB standards
- Completing a donor medical history questionnaire that includes medical records
- Assigning a unique identifier to donor that will follow any donated tissue
- Performing a donor physical examination and documenting the physical assessment
- Collection of a blood sample for infectious disease testing